March 25-27th, 2022
- Friday 12:00-5:00PM
- Saturday & Sunday 7:00-10:00AM & 1:00-5:00PM
Join Rebekka Walker C-IAYT, ERYT500 for this 20 hour YA Continuing Education program, designed for anyone interested in the foundations of restorative yoga- students, teachers, health and wellness practitioners and bodyworkers, you’ll learn the basics of facilitating conscious rest in students and clients with the use of props, breathwork and easeful positioning.
- The history and lineage of restorative yoga
- Sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system: enacting the relaxation response
- The effects of restorative yoga on mind and body
- Classic restorative yoga poses
- How to skillfully use props for optimal support and rest
- Restorative pranayama and meditation techniques
- Basic assists for deepened rest
- Specific observation skills to assist common challenges that counter conscious rest
- Explore and practice creating personal and class plans to support your restorative yoga practice.
The Creative Director of Vancouver School of Healing Arts, Rebekka is a Yoga Alliance Certified E-RYT 500, RPYT and Certified Doula. With a background in Iyengar, Vinyasa, Restorative, Anusara Yoga, & over 2000 hours of teacher training in these methods, her lifelong study and exploration of tantric and buddhist philosophy, North & South American Shamanism, Ayurveda, and therapeutic bio-mechanics, has led Rebekka to develop and teach yoga & yoga therapy programs worldwide. Guiding mothers into a sacred and conscious birth, while training yogis to share in earth based wisdom traditions, have been her passion for over 20 years. With a focus on alignment and inspiration, Rebekka’s classes, courses, retreats and workshops are heart warming, poetic journeys, inside and out…A contributing writer for various publications, when she isn’t travelling to assist in births, teach, write or practice you can find her at home in the woods with her daughter, partner and dog.