Updated May 2021
We are open to residents of the Island Health Authority for small, in person classes.
We look forward to welcoming our visiting students from across British Columbia and beyond once travel recommendations are lifted by the Public Health Officer. Until then, please join us on CBY LiveStream & CBY Online.
The health and well being of our teachers, students, and greater community is our priority. Please make yourself familiar with the updated measures that we have introduced to minimize the potential spread of Covid-19.
- PRE REGISTRATION – Pre-registration is mandatory at coastalblissyoga.com or with the MindBody App.
- BRING YOUR OWN MAT – We are not lending mats or props at this time, classes will be planned without the use of props, though you are welcome to bring your own. Mats & props are available for purchase in studio.
- CLASS SIZE & PHYSICAL DISTANCE – Classes are limited to 7 students to maintain a 2.5m distance while practicing. Align the top & centre of your mat with the front most available floor marker. Stay 2m apart from others in all other areas of the studio. Enter & exit one at a time.
- CLASS STYLES – Vinyasa and Power classes have been changed to Hatha and will be taught at a moderate pace to adhere with the ‘Public Health Guidelines for Group Low Intensity Exercise’.
- CLEANING & VENTILATION – Windows will be opened to increase ventilation between and sometimes during classes. Wear layers to stay warm. The studio is cleaned between classes and we are taking extra care to sanitize frequently touched areas such as door knobs, railings, bathroom fixtures, etc.
- HAND HYGIENE – Please use the hand sanitizer provided upon arrival and exit.
- TOUCH – We are not offering hands on assists during class. Opt for air-hugs and waves to greet each other.
- MASK TO MAT – Masks are mandatory in all areas of the studio. You may remove it during practice.
- DO NOT COME TO CLASS IF YOU:
- Are not a resident of the Island Health Authority
- Have travelled outside Canada within the last 14 days
- Have been identified by Public Health as a close contact of someone with Covid-19
- Have been told to isolate by Public Health
- Are displaying any of the following new or worsening symptoms: Fever or chills, cough, loss of sense of smell or taste, difficulty breathing, sore throat, loss of appetite, extreme fatigue, headache, body aches, nauseau or vomiting, diarrhea.
Should symptoms arise during class, excuse yourself from class or the teacher may ask you to leave. You will be issued a credit or refunded.
Thank you for your continued support of the CBY Community, for adhering to these new policies and for your grace and understanding.