Yin Yoga Intensive – Level 2 (20hr)
with Jodi Dodd, E-RYT 500
April 22nd – 24th, 2022
For passionate and curious students or yoga teachers who want to dive deep and expand their knowledge and understanding about the practice of Yin Yoga. Starting with the foundational principles taught in Yin Yoga Teacher Training Level 1, we’ll contemplate Yin Yoga practice, teaching, and philosophy in more depth. This training will include pranayama, meditation & asana practice, theory & discussion, application to the teaching process, and homework assignments.
Hours are eligible for credit with the Yoga Alliance.
We will cover:
- Yin yoga specific anatomy and physiology, ancient philosophy and subtle anatomy, postural variations, transitions, and intelligent sequencing, trauma-informed and intentional language, teaching techniques, and contemplations to deepen your personal practice.
- A deeper look at the fascia, connective tissue, and fascial receptors.
- Understanding emotional and self-recognition through heightened inner and outer awareness.
- An expansive look at language. Become focused and intentional about giving guidance and instruction in a way that is trauma informed, inclusive and accessible.
- Use language to explore the subtle body and deepen the experience.
- Sequencing strategies – how to bridge yoga philosophy, Taoism, and anatomical awareness to maximize the benefits of the practice for yourself and your students.
- Learn seasonal practices and how you can weave a very specific focus into your experience.
- A deeper look at the effects of Yin Yoga on the nervous system and why this practice can act as an antidote to stress.
- An introduction to pain science, understanding your students’ individual experience, and how to create modifications and adaptations.
- Meditation and breathwork. Adding practices that are relevant to this quiet practice to your library of mantra, mudra, and pranayama.
- Continuing the discussion about holding space and setting boundaries – how this applies to you and your students.
- Take time to dive into your personal practice.
- Experience slowing down, creating space, restoring balance, and connecting to a sense of ease from within.
Recommended Reading: A Complete Guide to Yin Yoga – Bernie Clarke
Time: Friday 12:00-5:00PM, Saturday & Sunday 7:00-10:00AM & 1:00-5:00PM
Prerequisite: A minimum of 20 hours of study in the practice and philosophy of Yin Yoga.