Join Guy Friswell November 18 – 20, 2022 for a seminar outlining the foundations of Yoga Therapy. This seminar is for teachers, wellness advocates including yoga students, and others that are interested in the therapeutic benefits of yoga. Using a mixture of presentations, interactive discussions, and practical exercises, the seminar will cover:
What is Yoga Therapy?
- History, key sources, definitions and scope of practice
- Intersectional analysis — introduce a process of how to meaningfully intersect and articulate Yoga Therapy within the tradition of yoga, contemporary yoga practices such as Yin and Restorative, and other wellness modalities
- Certification and therapeutic practice requirements — a review of Yoga Alliance and International Yoga Therapy Association processes and codes of ethics
The Therapeutic Method
- Assessment frameworks – including vayus, chakras, koshas, Ayurveda, body mapping, postural assessment, physical/medical, mental/psychological; and how/when each might be applied and what might/might not be within scope of practice of a yoga therapist
- Program development – translating the assessment into a proposed program for the client
Applied Yoga Therapy
- Wellness Focus: Healthy Aging and Chair Yoga
- Psychological Focus: Trauma and Mental Health
- Physical Focus: Spine, knees, hips, shoulders, neck, wrists, etc.
- Medical Focus: Arthritis, Cancer, etc.
14 hrs Continuing Education Credits with Yoga Alliance if applicable